How to Stay Inspired
These are just a few things I do to try to keep myself active and inspired to make images.
- GO TO MUSEUMS: Look at other people’s art, be quiet and just look at it, let it help you feel something and write down what you’re feeling.
- WRITE DOWN YOUR THOUGHTS: Whether it be anything from
"I’m Hungry" to "I am sorry I loved you when you couldn’t care about me" to, "I am sad/happy/etc". Recognize your thoughts, try to figure out if you want to explore them through your art.
- GET UP: So often I find myself stationary and usually in bed when I am struggling with not knowing what to do next with my art. Whether it be just getting up to go to the kitchen or randomly hopping on a bus to go to the beach, get up and do something, try to feel something that will make you want to create.
- RECOGNIZE WHAT YOU NEED: Maybe you have hit a block, maybe you need an inspiration detox, regain some emotional strength to re-approach your projects with my energy/motivation/passion. Take a self care day, go for a hike, clear your head and re-approach with fresh eyes.
- READ: Anything. A novella, a newspaper, a guilty pleasure trashy teen novel, philosophy (I would suggest Nietzsche). Let ideas, themes, scenarios flood your mind, maybe it will help kick start your imagination :)
Hope these things can be as helpful to you as they are to me!
Have a great day!